Picture courtesy of Cupcakes & Corsets
Because of my sudden addiction to Beauty Boxes, I've decided to compile a list of the different boxes that are available.
1. Birchbox It all started with Birchbox, which unfortunately seems to have a wait-list. As mentioned in my very first review post of Birchbox, the subscription is $10 per month with free shipping.
There is also a point system with Birchbox. When you spend money at Birchbox (this includes the $10 you spend on the monthly sample box) you get points. For every 100 points, you get $10 to spend in the Birchbox shop. Also, for every friend you refer, you get 50 points. Not a bad deal.
2. Eco-Emi I have yet to receive my first official Eco Emi sample box, but I was lucky enough to snatch up one of their "bonus boxes" about a week ago. Unfortunately, I did not take any pictures to share with you what I acquired. There were SO MANY samples and I was overwhelmed. Let me just say that Eco Emi is awesome. Christine is the mastermind behind this box, and she is very passionate about being "green". Every sample in each box is natural and organic, and has changed the way I think about going green. Please visit her website to learn more and to sign up for her $15 per month sample box (free shipping).
3. BeautyFix by Dermstore This box is definitely the most expensive of all the sample boxes at $49.99 + free shipping (sent out each season, which I assume means every 3 months). However, the price might seem more reasonable considering you get 8 deluxe samples or full-sized products, and you get to PICK which products you want. Some might say this takes the excitement out of getting a sample box, but I say it is pretty awesome. The website claims you get up to $400 worth of products, and I can say this is true based on the box I got. THE BEST PART? I found a discount code to get 30 bucks off your first box! Just click here to get it. :)
4. Test Tube This sample box by New Beauty is similar to BeautyFix in that it is sent out four times per year. It is cheaper at $29.95 + $8.95 shipping & handling. I also found a discount code for this box. It will save you $10 off your first box. I can't say much about this box yet. I signed up for it, but have yet to receive it.
5. GoGoGirlfriend I will likely not be trying the GoGoGirlfriend sample box any time soon. Based on other blog reviews that I have read, the samples that are in these boxes are less-than-awesome. They seem to be cheap brands that you can easily get from a store like Walmart, and some boxes barely give you what you're paying in monthly fees. My suggestion before you sign up for this box is to do some of your own research first. Just check out some reviews on a couple of the boxes to see if it has products in it that you might be interested in. This box has two subscription options: Basic membership - $6.99/month & Premium membership - $12.99/month. The first option is sent every two months, and the second is sent once a month.
There are several other boxes out there that I'd like to try, but they do not currently ship to the U.S.
6. There's GLOSSYBOX, which looks comparable to Birchbox. Currently it does not ship to the US, but they are compiling a wait-list HERE for those interested when their site goes live.
7. Glymm is only available in Canada. It also seems very similar to Birchbox.
8. Loose Button's Luxe Box is also only available in Canada, but they claim to be trying to make it available elsewhere.
If you know of any others that I have left out, please let me know. I'm always interested in trying something new.
Thanks for dropping by!